Author: Tyra Wade
“Great, my A/C isn’t cooling!” or “My house is freezing and my heater is blowing cold air!” These are the dreaded phrases that most of us at one time or another have said living in Arizona. Now the even more fun part (sarcasm at it’s best); what to do now??? For the most part we are a culture that runs directly to the internet and begin savagely searching for the best company, who can come out right away, not charge a million dollars, be honest, has a good reputation, quality service, and a plethora of other things on your must have for the HVAC company you want to service your home. The search results populate hundreds of HVAC companies; there are over 600++ HVAC companies in the Phoenix area and surrounding cities that most likely will populate.
Some helpful tips when searching for the HVCA company to service your home’s A/C unit or furnace.
- Pay attention to the location of the search engine listing. Typically the 1st 3 listings are very expensive advertising campaigns that are called “pay per clicks”. In a nutshell the business pays the search engine to be a the top, and every click/keyword result is charged to the business owner in hopes of obtaining your business. I have known HVAC companies who have spent in upwards of $10,000.00+++ per month just for this pay per clicks advertising on the search engines. How does this affect you, you ask? Simple. If the business is incurring high internet marketing advertising, that cost gets passed down to the consumer, thus raising the prices of air conditioners etc…
- If a company does happen to grab your attention, you read through their website, and want to give them a call, first check out to see if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/air-conditioning-contractors-and-systems/pro-solutions-air-conditioning-and-heating-in-surprise-az-1000023900/ Company’s all start with an A- rating and can either go up or down. It takes 3 years of exemplary service to obtain an A+ rating with the BBB. Although it is impossible at times as a company to avoid a negative review, see if the overall census of the company is good. If there are any complaints, did the company resolve them? In many cases, customer complaints are simple things that the customer didn’t bother to call the company, so the company didn’t know their was a misunderstanding till posted. It is always refreshing to see a company resolve any issues rather than ignoring from them!
- Do they have a Facebook page? More and more people are turning to Facebook to leave reviews. As with the BBB and other review sites, it is very likely you will see some unfavorable reviews, because that is just the nature of the beast. Overall, are people happy with the HVAC company? Did the company address any issues that may be on there? Does the company acknowledge good reviews as well? As for myself, it is always nice to get a quick “thank you” for taking the time to leave a review.
- This may sound like a no brainer if the company you found has a website, but it’s wise to make sure you are protected. Is the company a registered contractor with Arizona. Click here for a registered contractor search.
- After all that and you decide “Ah-Ha, I have found the perfect company to call!” When you called did you get an answering service or voicemail? While this happens occasionally, it is important to find a company who answers their phone 24/7. After all, think that if you need to call this company after their service, you want to speak to somebody when you call; that is after all why you called them, for service. Pro Solutions Airis all the items listed above and more. Call if you need us; we are here for you 24/7. 623.229.4389