Why should you have your HVAC system cleaned?
The short answer is simple: because they get dirty over time and they have the potential to contain large amounts of dust and particulates which leads to allergies and bacteria. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling is wasted. Heating and cooling system contaminants cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness. Pro Solutions Air also searches for air leaks and seals off any air leaks for you!
How do you know what duct cleaning company to use? Some duct cleaners bring the vacuum looking thing and a drill in the house, and some leave the machine outside so the dirt leaves your home, and is not able to leak through an indoor machine to have the duct dirt just moved to your coffee table or kitchen counter. Of course, most companies will tell you they are the best, and other companies are inferior to just try and “get the job” Pro Solutions Air does not operate this way. We want to give you educated solutions, so no matter who you choose, you were able to make an educated decision.
Some questions to ask duct cleaners are:
- Are you or the technician cleaning my ducts EPA certified?
- Does your company have general liability insurance?
- Does your company have workman’s compensation insurance?
- Do you bring a machine in the house, or use the outdoor unit to extract duct pollutants?
- Do you hookup to the system, and have wire whips, brushes and other tool to clean the entire duct system?
- Are you a licensed HVAC contractor? (Only licensed contractors are able to touch any part of your heating and cooling system. Some unlicensed duct cleaners will offer to clean the indoor coil, and even the outdoor condenser!) Unlicensed contractors put you at risk, because if anything goes wrong with the job, you do not have the Registrar Of Contractor’s protection. Pro Solutions Air R.O.C. # 285896
Hot or cold spots sometimes occur in homes, call upon a licensed and experienced HVAC contractor who has the credentials to recommend solutions. The choice is yours; we recommend making the safe choice by hiring a company like Pro Solutions Air who is qualified to handle every aspect of your HVAC system.
Pro Solutions Air is your trusted, licensed duct cleaner in Surprise, AZ as well as Tempe, AZ; we service the entire Phoenix metropolitan area as well. Pro Solutions Air isn’t the largest company, but also isn’t just one man in a truck with a vacuum. When you start to notice that you have dirt around your air conditioning vents, or even notice the prior homeowner’s cigarette smoke smell coming through you vents when the heater is on, call on the trusted, licensed and proven HVAC experts in Arizona. Click here to visit our dedicated duct services website.
Click here to read about doing duct cleaning the right way. Pro Solutions Air is your complete HVAC specialist; we don’t just stop at your air conditioner. All of our technicians are EPA certified, and understand how to control indoor air pollutants. According to the EPA US, Environmental Protection Agency “Understanding and controlling common pollutants indoors can help reduce your risk of indoor health concerns.” Pro Solutions Air R.O.C. # 285896
When was the last time you got your ducts cleaned? Maybe your ducts have never been cleaned, but that’s OK; Pro Solutions Air can clean even the dirtiest ducts, and make your home a safer and healthier environment for your kids, pets, and you to live in. If you say, “Yes” to any of the following questions, please give us a call.
- Is there excessive dust or dirt on you heating and air conditioning registers?
- Is it getting harder to keep your home dust-free because it seems there is just more dust than normal?
- Look at where your air filters are. Is that area very dusty?
Even if you didn’t answer yes to any of these questions, please call us if you have questions. Often times dirty ducts, and contaminants in there air are not visible for a while, but they are still there, and you are breathing them! Read about Indoor Air Quality.